Mount Fitz Roy Patagonia by ACWaddington



I'll always remember shooting this little lake. I'd stopped in this area at least 30 times during the course of about two and a half months. On each occasion there would either be too much breeze for a reflection or it would be too cloudy to see the mountain. One morning at the peak of fall I woke in my tent about 5.00am. I got outside to a beautifully still day which is something of a rarity in Patagonia. Moving out of the trees I soon realised that the mountain was visible. Just writing this gives me goose bumps right now.... I literally jogged to the lake even though sunrise wasn't for over an hour. When I got to the lake it had frozen overnight ! Thankfully this larger and deeper lake nearby wasn't frozen. I wasn't ready for the new lake so I kind of goofed up the composition. via 500px http://ift.tt/1rk6SYs

No comments: