Follow the leaders. by Stephen_Scheer_Photography



Following the leaders. Christies Beach, S.A. More from that epic storm on the 26th October. I love the branching effect in this two strike image composite . Both images were taken within minutes of each other. I notice the reflections in water of lightning I take are more concentrated and brighter, the straighter the strike. Strikes that are more diagonal seem to spread the reflection over a wider area dissipating the brightness in the reflection. More info on negative CG lightning. from wikipedia - "Leaders often split, forming branches in a tree-like pattern. In addition, negative leaders travel in a discontinuous fashion. The resulting jerky movement of these "stepped leader(s)" can be readily observed in slow-motion videos of negative leaders as they head toward ground prior to a negative CG lightning strike. The negative leaders continue to propagate and split as they head downward, often speeding up as they get closer to the Earth's surface". via 500px http://ift.tt/1324sEn

No comments: