
It's hard for me to believe that, just six months ago, I was in a completely different world of college. In that world, I had exams, meetings, papers, and what seemed like thousands of other commitments that would stop me from going places. It seemed nearly impossible to get out. Then, one day, on a Wednesday afternoon in my junior year, with a storm taking aim for Yosemite, I decided it was finally time to say no to everything else. I skipped two days of classes, a weekend of work, went into an exam dry the following Monday, and returned to 50 "where are you, Jeff??" emails. Now, two years later, I can't remember which classes I skipped, which papers I put off, which exam that was, and what the emails said. But I will forever remember this trip. So now, when I'm on the fence because my commitments aren't letting me get out, I ask myself, what will we remember in 10 years -- the times we stayed home to get one more thing done for work and three more hours of sleep, or the times we experienced the world and LIVED? The answer's usually obvious :) #sunriseforecasting #escaype via 500px http://ift.tt/1wZ6H8e
No comments:
Post a Comment