
Last Saturday when I left Star Mountain (Serra da Estrela), I was thinking how could I put in words all the things that happened to me in one single day, really! The cold was gone so I felt at 100% to go back there and make the shot I missed last time. It´s a little tribute to 500px to you, kindest people on earth that see my humble images and motivate me in such a great way. My hug to the almost 40 year Teddy bear "Bokeh" represents my virtual embrace to all of you. So far so good, right? No!!! You can´t imagine what happened to me before doing my shot. In a couple hours period I lost control of my car due to ice on the road, lost a Nd 1,2 in a river stream and break a tooth during lunch... Yes you read it right! Luckily I was on the mountain with lots of room to curse like a sailor on rough sea. When my momentarily insanity went away I realize, one more time, that since no one needs forever, it was about time to embrace life back and do what I have to do. That´s all forgot now and I´m glad I captured this moment, despite the very cold wind of that day. This location is an abandoned place that was built as station for an aerial cable car, that would start from here to the top of the mountain in front of me, with a couple of gigantic globes. There you will see the highest continental point of Portugal (2000 meters) and the destination of the ropeway. I hope that you can sense the higher I was (see the road above me) and I even won´t talk about my afraid of heights. :) No Teddy Bears were harmed during the day - my friends covered his ears during my cursing time, only my pride, wallet and molar tooth. Best wishes my friends and happy shooting! via 500px http://ift.tt/1saBUUD
No comments:
Post a Comment